Aggressive Predators United

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

5 posters

pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle

cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Male Number of posts : 477
    Birthday : 1981-01-07
    Humor : really funny
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Empty pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle

Post by cichlidlover27 Tue 17 Mar 2009, 05:06

hi guys I figured I would put on a couple photos of my slider.pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Turtle10

pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Turtle11

I figured I would try to take a black and white shot while I was at it.
    pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Turtle17
    Cam
    Cam
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Number of posts : 633
    Birthday : 1979-09-09
    Humor : Usually:),..

pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Empty Re: pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle

Post by Cam Tue 17 Mar 2009, 21:11

Pics look Great Shaun! Nice little
    turtle you got there,..new camera?
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Empty Re: pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle

Post by cichlidlover27 Tue 17 Mar 2009, 22:16

Thank You Cam, ya I better enjoy him when hes small because he will get pretty big.

I actually have had that camera for about a year now one of those kodaks its not to bad I just wanted to check out the black and white feature.
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac Mon 06 Apr 2009, 20:05

Man..he is soo nice Shaun!! pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 315146 pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 315146 pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 315146

He is going to be the most happy when your done your DIY ramp eh?? pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 63052
    Mamaw6
    Mamaw6
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Female Number of posts : 25
    Birthday : 1952-10-07
    Humor : yes-I see humor in almost everything
    Registration date : 2009-04-06

Post by Mamaw6 Mon 06 Apr 2009, 20:19

Nice looking yellow belly. I see you have the same gravel in his tank that I had in mine. I recently had to remove my gravel and replace with larger rocks. My 2 larger RES had begun trying to eat the gravel. So to save some time & expense I am slowly adding rocks that are too large to get in their mouths for awhile. Preventative measure for major future problems.How old is your baby and have you named him yet?[img][/img]
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Post by cichlidlover27 Tue 07 Apr 2009, 02:08

Metal Maniac wrote:Man..he is soo nice Shaun!! pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 315146 pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 315146 pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 315146

He is going to be the most happy when your done your DIY ramp eh?? pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 63052

Thank you metal, Yeah it seems to love the ramp thus far. I know its happier then being on that floating dock.
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Post by cichlidlover27 Tue 07 Apr 2009, 02:14

Mamaw6 wrote:Nice looking yellow belly. I see you have the same gravel in his tank that I had in mine. I recently had to remove my gravel and replace with larger rocks. My 2 larger RES had begun trying to eat the gravel. So to save some time & expense I am slowly adding rocks that are too large to get in their mouths for awhile. Preventative measure for major future problems.How old is your baby and have you named him yet?[img][/img]

Thanks,

yeah I know about the gravel yep thanks for the reminder though and its definately coming out I am going to put in river rocks. how old? I am not sure I have had it since last year around july. I really havent got a name for it someone told me to name it speedy lol
    Mamaw6
    Mamaw6
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Post by Mamaw6 Tue 07 Apr 2009, 08:46

Why not do a "poll" for naming your little sweetie?
    Canary?
    Stripe?
    Sweetie?
    Lucky?
    Aqua?
    How about it everybody? What names can you come up with for a yellow belly turtle?
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Post by cichlidlover27 Thu 09 Apr 2009, 20:36

Mamaw6 wrote:Why not do a "poll" for naming your little sweetie?
    Canary?
    Stripe?
    Sweetie?
    Lucky?
    Aqua?
    How about it everybody? What names can you come up with for a yellow belly turtle?

hey good idea, thanks I might just wind up doing a poll. now on your turtle do you have a uvb bulb and one for heat? also what are you feeding them? do you have cuttlebone in the tank for them? I just popped in some dandelion in for mine she loves them chewing them right up lol oh by the way whats your turtles names? I think its awesome someone else on here besides me has turtles also. I am going to get another I never thought I would ever like a turtle this much but I do and turtles always fasinate me especially snappers and leatherbacks as I have great luck catching them on the river banks

anyhow here is a picture of a turtle a guy gave me I thought I would show lol its carved out of rock ive never seen any like it just thought I would post it.
    pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Rock_t11
    Mamaw6
    Mamaw6
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Post by Mamaw6 Thu 09 Apr 2009, 21:08

Great turtle rock! He did a good job.
    Names are: Shelly-the largest
    Crush-he's just a little over half the size of Shelly
    (I think they may be male & female)
    Then there are the twins: Tiny & Spotless
    I say the twins because they both arrived the same day and were both hatchlings. I don't know if they are siblings.

My vet told me to keep them on a turtle food diet and they would do good. (I was in for another pet-they were not sick) I have however given them some thiongs just for a treat. Maybe once ever 2 months.
    I have given them earthworms,grubworms,(not a good idea-the worm juices really fog up the water). Leaf lettuce but not too much because it clogs the filter. Small crickets,grasshoppers are ok. The stapel diet I use is ReptoMin floating food sticks. I did try using HBH Turtle Bites but they didn't eat is as well so I went back to the ReptoMin. The vet also said not to buy large cans as it will not keep it's nutrients for long after can is opened.

I have 2 turtle docks in a 55 gallon tank so I have 2 Basking lamps. 100 watts each. That gives enough light and heat. I also have a regular aquarium heater to ensure the water doesn't get too cold.

At first I did have a cuttle bone for them but they didn't seem to care for it. I found a turtle water conditioner that has calcium ingredient. When ever I change or replace any water I just drop some in. It's a liquid.

I'll take pictures holding each of them so you can see approx. size. I have 6 grandkids so no one is allowed to touch them-only watch. I can't take the chance one of the kids getting sick sick.
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Post by cichlidlover27 Thu 09 Apr 2009, 21:32

hey,

I have cuttlebone in mine and he always chews on it. I dont use reptomin as much as I use to you have to watch using that reptomin I was feeding to much of it and found out it can cause pyramiding of there shells. I have been giving it every other day sometimes every two days. you should feed plants daily and fish and stuff once a week as a treat. I get plants at the fish store here like a dollar for a bundle two bundles last me a good long while and he loves it. from what I know lettuce isnt that great because its mainly water. I have fed earthworms mine loves them but your right it will cloud the water. also cute names I like them. its good you have a aquarium heater in there. I dont know if your a member over on turtle forums but its a good site. www.turtleforum.com you can pick up alot of good info there I am a member over there and am learning more on them. anyhow you take care and yeah turtles dont like to be held that much ive read it stresses them out.
    Mamaw6
    Mamaw6
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Post by Mamaw6 Thu 09 Apr 2009, 22:30

pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Picture341

pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Picture344

pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Picture340

1st picture is Shelly
    2nd picture is Crush
    3rd picture is Tiny
    Spotless wouldn't be still to get photo-will try again tommorrow. Sorry about the blurry. It's kinda hard to hold & take photo.
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Post by cichlidlover27 Fri 10 Apr 2009, 00:37

awwww those are so cute! I love them! thanks for sharing the pics of them. I love the colors in the shells of them. just out of curiosity how much did yours cost you?
    Mamaw6
    Mamaw6
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Post by Mamaw6 Fri 10 Apr 2009, 07:18

Turtles.com
    $10.00 apiece plus overnight shipping brought it to almost $50.00 each.
    The first 2 I bought seperate. 2 babies came together as buy one get one free so they were much cheaper (2 for 1-only one shipping cost.)
    total of almost $150 for all 4. Expensive.
    crabby-girl
    crabby-girl
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Female Number of posts : 242
    Birthday : 1981-05-28
    Humor : Cats LOVE the fish:]
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Post by crabby-girl Fri 10 Apr 2009, 16:20

Both of you got some great looking sliders---I almost got a couple about six months ago. Now I wish that I would've. No So Shaun were is the poll at to name your guy. I think that is a great idea Mamaw6.
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Post by cichlidlover27 Fri 10 Apr 2009, 23:56

Mamaw6 wrote:Turtles.com
    $10.00 apiece plus overnight shipping brought it to almost $50.00 each.
    The first 2 I bought seperate. 2 babies came together as buy one get one free so they were much cheaper (2 for 1-only one shipping cost.)
    total of almost $150 for all 4. Expensive.

wow, yeah I was just on there site last night looking around. wow that shipping is what kills ya. I paid a crips twenty dollar bill for mine and people told me that it was to much for a turtle and I thought yeah right to me it was well worth it. now did you try your pet stores down there and see if they had anything in stock? atleast when you got them from turtles.com you got some good stock. yeah yours were quite expensive but hey its what you like I would pay that if I wanted them as well. I got mine from my local pet store guy and I had him to check her for shell rot and all that he could to make sure I was getting a good one. I love the colors in the sliders shells there so pretty and oh I was gonna tell you to never use that shell polishing creme called "vitashell" that stuff is dangerous to there shells and should never be put on the market.
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Post by cichlidlover27 Fri 10 Apr 2009, 23:59

crabby-girl wrote:Both of you got some great looking sliders---I almost got a couple about six months ago. Now I wish that I would've. No So Shaun were is the poll at to name your guy. I think that is a great idea Mamaw6.

hey thank you! yeah I love turtles there such neat creatures. I wish you could of ended up with the turtles also you would like them. I am going to do a poll probably here in a little bit on some names. I want some names for my turtle and my gecko name I got to come up with some names and as soon as I do I will do a poll.
    Mamaw6
    Mamaw6
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Post by Mamaw6 Sat 11 Apr 2009, 00:24

Can't sell turtles (under 4") here in NC. so that's why I ordered them. I'm pretty much a home body so I didn't want to travel. There are a lot of pet stores but have never seen any turtles in any of them.

Hey cichlidlover27 here's another possible name: Slick
    Crabby girl if you get another chance to get turtles grab them. There are a lot more to them then I ever thought. Interesting to watch. They are cool! pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 841237
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Post by cichlidlover27 Sat 11 Apr 2009, 01:00

okay I will go add that name to the poll, the poll is running now
    Mamaw6
    Mamaw6
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Post by Mamaw6 Sat 11 Apr 2009, 10:07

pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 63052
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac Mon 01 Jun 2009, 00:03

cichlidlover27 wrote:
    Mamaw6 wrote:Why not do a "poll" for naming your little sweetie?
    Canary?
    Stripe?
    Sweetie?
    Lucky?
    Aqua?

hey good idea, thanks I might just wind up doing a poll. now on your turtle do you have a uvb bulb and one for heat? also what are you feeding them? do you have cuttlebone in the tank for them? I just popped in some dandelion in for mine she loves them chewing them right up lol oh by the way whats your turtles names? I think its awesome someone else on here besides me has turtles also. I am going to get another I never thought I would ever like a turtle this much but I do and turtles always fasinate me especially snappers and leatherbacks as I have great luck catching them on the river banks

anyhow here is a picture of a turtle a guy gave me I thought I would show lol its carved out of rock ive never seen any like it just thought I would post it.
    pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle Rock_t11

Wow,

That is so unique Shaun!! pictures of my yellow belly slider turtle 63052

What kinda rock is it???..is it soapstone??? Question

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 12:55