Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

Wild Snakehead And Fry - Thailand

bettawan

Male Number of posts : 9
    Birthday : 1960-10-02
    Humor : Yer Jokin Arn Yer
    Registration date : 2011-08-22

Wild Snakehead And Fry - Thailand

Post by bettawan on Sat 24 Sep 2011, 04:44

Hi All,

There's a beck/stream that runs down the side of our home, most of the year it's dry, it's a runoff for when the village lake floods, but after the floods and the water subsides theres usually small pools left, which eventually dry up. I managed to capture a few photos of a snakehead and it's frys...

You can see the Snakehead below the white bag and it's fry above the white bag..there where hundreds of them, a beautiful red/orange in colour.

Here the Snakehead is to the left of the bag with the fry to the left of the Snakehead.

Where ever the fry went the Snakehead was not far behind, if any other fish came near the Snakehead would chase them away...here the Snakehead is surrounded by it's fry.

Here the Snakehead is to the left of the bag once again and it's fry above it.

I asked Wan what would happen to the Snakehead once the pool dried up and she reckons it's digs an hole in the mud and burys itself until the next rains come...or they will slither across the fields bit like snakes until they find a new lake/stream...this year though we had more rain just before the pool dried up and the beck/stream filled up again and I never seen the snakehead and fry again...so I imagine the snakehead and its fry ended up further down stream in a bigger pond somewhere.

Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Re: Wild Snakehead And Fry - Thailand

Post by Metal Maniac on Sun 30 Oct 2011, 16:37

Man,that is just amazing...can't believe i missed this thread....wild SH pics is great...all over the Internet it's people withe monstrous species in a tiny environment it's head off the top ofbthe tank...but seeing them natural is fantastic...I could def see them service a long walk to another wetspot or going intonthe mud like lungfish

Thanxs again for these wonderful pics!!!

http://www.opefe.com/

bettawan

Male Number of posts : 9
    Birthday : 1960-10-02
    Humor : Yer Jokin Arn Yer
    Registration date : 2011-08-22

Post by bettawan on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 11:41

We are having real problems other here at the moment with floods and everywhere you go there are snakeheads....our local town is underwater and thai's are putting nets up where the roads used to be and are catching the snakeheads to sell at the local market as food.

Metal Maniac

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac on Sun 13 Nov 2011, 15:44

Sorry too hear about the floods but that's fantastic news that it makes a food source more accessible and abundant!

http://www.opefe.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 18 Oct 2018, 11:51