Aggressive Predators United

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

5 posters

Info needed on setting up new tank,...

musket

Male Number of posts : 2
    Humor : Yes I've got one
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Info needed on setting up new tank,... Empty Re: Info needed on setting up new tank,...

Post by musket Tue 19 May 2009, 07:55

What sort of expense is involved in setting up a small aquarium, say a tank 4 feet long
    with a few accessories and some fish?
    Cam
    Cam
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Number of posts : 633
    Birthday : 1979-09-09
    Humor : Usually:),..
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Info needed on setting up new tank,... Empty Re: Info needed on setting up new tank,...

Post by Cam Tue 19 May 2009, 21:39

Firts off,..Welcome to APU Info needed on setting up new tank,... 315146 I made your post a thread on it's
    own due to the nature of the question and so members can find
    it easier.

My 55 gal (4ft x 1ft) w/ 2 Emp400 filters, gravel (50pds) some driftwood
    decor, stand, hood, lids lights was just under $500 new. Fish can be costly
    or cheap depending on what you want,..Another route would be grabbing one
    off Ebay or Craigslist complete for alot cheaper,..clean it well and it's
    good as new. i picked up 2 90gals on Ebay,..one for $250 the other $300
    complete w/ stand/hood,..there are some great deals to be had w/ our
    current economic situation,..
    pboost
    pboost
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 124
    Birthday : 1984-05-11
    Humor : yeah

Info needed on setting up new tank,... Empty well

Post by pboost Tue 19 May 2009, 22:47

Great deals are to be found on ebay craiglist.

Greatlakes aquarium is the cheapest place i found ever for brand new tanks and they will ship anywhere luckily there local to me. http://www.greatlakesaquariums.com/rpl.php

4ft tanks there are many sizes 50 gallons is common size depending on what you want to keep. I pickedup my whole 110w tank with iron stand for 300 brandnew without lids or lights. already had them.

If you go 50 gallon i would say minimum 150wt heater, 1 ac110 would be great for a 50gallon lids and lights should be rather cheap also. what kind of fish you want to keep really would make what kind of tank dimmensions. So before you decided i would think about what type of fish you want to keep and then post back again.
    musket

Male Number of posts : 2
    Humor : Yes I've got one
    Registration date : 2009-05-19

Post by musket Thu 21 May 2009, 16:14

pboost wrote:Great deals are to be found on ebay craiglist.

Greatlakes aquarium is the cheapest place i found ever for brand new tanks and they will ship anywhere luckily there local to me. http://www.greatlakesaquariums.com/rpl.php

4ft tanks there are many sizes 50 gallons is common size depending on what you want to keep. I pickedup my whole 110w tank with iron stand for 300 brandnew without lids or lights. already had them.

If you go 50 gallon i would say minimum 150wt heater, 1 ac110 would be great for a 50gallon lids and lights should be rather cheap also. what kind of fish you want to keep really would make what kind of tank dimmensions. So before you decided i would think about what type of fish you want to keep and then post back again.

Thanks for the info I haven't really decided, just curious about what's
    involved I need to read up more before deciding
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac Fri 22 May 2009, 22:43

musket wrote:
    pboost wrote:Great deals are to be found on ebay craiglist.

Thanks for the info I haven't really decided, just curious about what's
    involved I need to read up more before deciding

Good luck on you hunt musket!!! Info needed on setting up new tank,... 315146
    Cam
    Cam
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Number of posts : 633
    Birthday : 1979-09-09
    Humor : Usually:),..

Post by Cam Sat 23 May 2009, 00:48

Thats a great link pboost! Much appreciated!!
    crabby-girl
    crabby-girl
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Female Number of posts : 242
    Birthday : 1981-05-28
    Humor : Cats LOVE the fish:]
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Post by crabby-girl Mon 25 May 2009, 01:38

The costs can vary depending on alot of things. Just as Cam mentioned. Do you currently have any set ups? Is there any certain type of fish you'd like? If you are just starting out remember to cycle your tank. As for cleaning a tank the best thing is baking soda, and for hard water stains vinegar. The baking soda my mother told me a friend of hers used to raise fry, and that's all he would use. flower flower
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac Sun 31 May 2009, 15:22

crabby-girl wrote:The costs can vary depending on alot of things. Just as Cam mentioned. Do you currently have any set ups? Is there any certain type of fish you'd like? If you are just starting out remember to cycle your tank. As for cleaning a tank the best thing is baking soda, and for hard water stains vinegar. The baking soda my mother told me a friend of hers used to raise fry, and that's all he would use. flower flower

Nice info crabby-girl!!! Info needed on setting up new tank,... 315146

Hey musket...hows things coming along???

..made any disissions yet???

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 07:07