Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

new tank...how long (growth rates)

po78
    po78

Male Number of posts : 11
    Birthday : 1978-08-04
    Humor : anything dumb
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

new tank...how long (growth rates) Empty new tank...how long (growth rates)

Post by po78 on Mon 03 Aug 2009, 02:24

Hey everyone...long time no see. Just moved my three juvy rbp's from 20 gallon to 40 gallon. They are seven months old, and are 3-4 inches from creepy lips to rear fin. What is an estimated growth rate (to where i'd need a bigger tank) as far as healthy accomidations? I have small powerhead, 150w elite heater on 82 degrees, a 60 gallon Aqua Tech (i know, ghetto style) filter, and a 20 gal Aqua Clear with a little floss and a large Tetra bio foam filter (recut/resized/stacked), and the bio barrels that come w/Aqua Clear filters. Is this enough filtration, considering the Aqua Tech is known for flowing less than claimed? Considering these are optimal conditions, in a guesstimated opinoin, how long until they "must" have a larger tank? Question
    pboost
    pboost
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 124
    Birthday : 1984-05-11
    Humor : yeah

new tank...how long (growth rates) Empty Re: new tank...how long (growth rates)

Post by pboost on Mon 03 Aug 2009, 21:07

Howdy. I would think that 3-4 inches in 6 months is about average pending how small they were when you first picked them up. Think about 6-7 inches in the first year with good water changes and healthy food. Pellets,fish non live,crayfish,nightcrawlers,bloodworms and such.

40 gal could work for the first year but when i had my pygo's they were always scraping for territory once they were about 6 inches or so. A 50 breeder would be ideal for a happy 3 for a while but no real way of telling as every group is different. What works for some might not work for others.
    Insanity
    Insanity
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 209
    Birthday : 1981-03-21
    Humor : You!
    Registration date : 2009-06-23

Post by Insanity on Mon 03 Aug 2009, 21:28

Frequent water changes are key! And good filtration. I do 20% to 25% water changes ever 2-3 days in my 125 gallon. I only feed live fish. Since my rohms won't eat frozen fish or pellets. they seem happy with live fish. In a month my blue rohm has gain little thickness.
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac on Tue 04 Aug 2009, 01:33

Starve that blue for 2 or more weeks then offer him Salmon..keep feeding him the salmon and he will chunk up real fast then switch up his diet with chopped Telapia

http://www.opefe.com/

new tank...how long (growth rates) 1893667bd2edba6m3

new tank...how long (growth rates) New_un11
    po78
    po78

Male Number of posts : 11
    Birthday : 1978-08-04
    Humor : anything dumb

Post by po78 on Wed 12 Aug 2009, 04:00

i have fed catfish 4 past few onths and they got bigger...r goldfish reallt that bad to feed em even if they are taking flakes and baby shrimp often also? whats a good feeder fish? i have ten gallon to spare for this if its worth it
    pboost
    pboost
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 124
    Birthday : 1984-05-11
    Humor : yeah

new tank...how long (growth rates) Empty Fish

Post by pboost on Tue 25 Aug 2009, 22:24

If your looking for a good healthy feeder, I always use convicts setup your ten gallon with some substrate and a pot at the end. keep water temp 80-82 and do lots of cold water changes and you will have spawns in the first few weeks or so. feed the babies blood worms and flakes and they will get fat quick. scoop out what you need to feed to your p's and your set.
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac on Thu 05 Nov 2009, 03:34

How are the fish doin???

http://www.opefe.com/

new tank...how long (growth rates) 1893667bd2edba6m3

new tank...how long (growth rates) New_un11

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jun 2019, 10:14