Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

Advice on my new Red Spilo

Lori
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Female Number of posts : 39
    Humor : I'm just suppose to put something funny in here
    Registration date : 2009-12-20

Advice on my new Red Spilo

Post by Lori on Sat 13 Mar 2010, 20:21

ok guys.I am not sure what to expect.I received a 2" red spilo from aquascape thursday.They are the ones I also got my red bellies from.They ship the litle guys in a box lined with insulation(the insulation you put in your house) line the bag with newspaper and a warmer.Not sure what exactley happened but.They shipped the little guy out over night via Fed Ex Tuesday night.I recieve him Thursday.when I opened the box the warmer was no longer working and his bag really felt like it was in the fridge.He was still alive really slow and laying on the bottom almost on his side.I didn't take water temp(i didn't want to open the bag and let the air out so it wouldn't float) SO I placed his bag in the tank water and watched him entire time.As he got warmer he became more active.After like an hour I placed him in the new tank.I left him alone in the tank for 2 days now.All he has done is hang by the heater at the top of the tank.My water temp is 80 degree, my ammonia,nitrate,and nitrite are all 0ppm.My PH is 6. He isn't showing any interest in food.I tried small piece of Krill,small piece of talapia,pellets,granules.I know with him being a littel guy he needs to eat.Am I worrying too much or should I break down and feed him some live?I really prefer he eat frozen.Any advice would be appreciated.
    Andoni
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Male Number of posts : 46
    Birthday : 1975-03-13
    Humor : Movies
    Registration date : 2009-03-28

Re: Advice on my new Red Spilo

Post by Andoni on Sat 13 Mar 2010, 21:45

Do you have any pictures.

Pygocentrus Nattereri x 5

www.piranhafear.com
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac on Sun 14 Mar 2010, 13:12

Yea...pics please!!! cheers

http://www.opefe.com/

Lori
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Female Number of posts : 39
    Humor : I'm just suppose to put something funny in here
    Registration date : 2009-12-20

Post by Lori on Tue 30 Mar 2010, 05:15

Sorry I have been busy.I have tried to get some pics.But the little guy still will not come out behimd my heater.Only eats when no one was around.I am just glad he decided to eat.Finally got him to eat life looking(silver fish and Krill) tied to thread.He now will eat only those 2 things off the bottom.As exciting as it is to see them eat live from time to time.I am not chancing anything yet. I must say though I am a bit disappointed with my little spilo. I hope he comes around soon.
    Metal Maniac

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac on Sat 03 Apr 2010, 11:09

My Gold Spilo was skittish for 2 years then just one day he started coming up too me when i walked too the tank...i never saw him eat,i always had too leave the room now 5 years later he takes anything i drop in the tank...your guy will come out after he gets use too his suroundings
    ..also i found more frequent waterchanges makes the Spilos and Rhoms more active!

http://www.opefe.com/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 17 Nov 2017, 15:35