Aggressive Predators United

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

4 posters

How long can Koi fish stay underwater in a pond without air?

melodyeye
    melodyeye

Female Number of posts : 2
    Birthday : 1990-11-18
    Humor : Movies
    Registration date : 2010-09-09

How long can Koi fish stay underwater in a pond without air? Empty How long can Koi fish stay underwater in a pond without air?

Post by melodyeye Thu 09 Sep 2010, 05:25

hi everyone,
    I have a small pond in my yard with Kio fish inside. I went to work this morning and when I came back (~12 hours later) there was a sheet of ice over the pond. I was just able to poke some holes through the ice but how long can Koi fish stay underwater without air before dying?
    burgh
    burgh
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

Male Number of posts : 352
    Birthday : 1974-06-29
    Humor : ...
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

How long can Koi fish stay underwater in a pond without air? Empty Re: How long can Koi fish stay underwater in a pond without air?

Post by burgh Wed 29 Sep 2010, 21:27

Your koi will be fine. When the temp drops your fish will go to the bottom of the pond and barely move. Also Koi don't come to the surface for air, like most fish they get it out the water.
    klenzza
    klenzza

Male Number of posts : 10
    Humor : no dont see any sense in it
    Registration date : 2010-08-08

How long can Koi fish stay underwater in a pond without air? Empty Re: How long can Koi fish stay underwater in a pond without air?

Post by klenzza Tue 05 Oct 2010, 17:16

ice in sepember?????????????????????? where do you live??????????????????????
    Dominique
    Dominique

Female Number of posts : 2
    Birthday : 1985-07-24
    Humor : movies and music
    Registration date : 2010-12-07

Post by Dominique Tue 07 Dec 2010, 04:40

As far as my knowledge concern, they can survive in water even it is cover in ice since they will not move much in this stage even for the whole winter just don't feed because water quality could deteriorate. Hope you will definitely get an idea after my reply.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 06:36