Aggressive Predators United

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

4 posters

hey people tread this right way

angelfish_2009
    angelfish_2009

Male Number of posts : 18
    Birthday : 1983-12-15
    Humor : funny
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

hey people tread this right way Empty hey people tread this right way

Post by angelfish_2009 Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:51

What is HR 669?
    H.R. 669 stands for House Resolution 669 and is titled "The Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act". It is a bill currently before Congress that if passed will change the way that the US Government classifies animal species that are not native to the United States. H.R. 669 will make it illegal to breed and sell many animals that are very common in the pet trade.

Why should you care about HR 669?
    Anyone with pet fish, birds, reptiles, or small mammals will be affected by this bill. Any company selling product or services for pet fish, birds, reptiles or small mammals will be affected by this bill. Would you be impacted by "The Nonnative Wildlife Invasion Prevention Act"?

* Virtually all fish in an aquarium are not native to the United States
    * Most pet birds are species not native to the US
    * Most reptiles kept as pets are not native to the US
    * Hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs and ferrets are not native to the US

What can you do to stop HR 669?
    Pet owners support the concept of a risk based approach to non-native imports, unfortunately H.R. 669 as drafted does not provide a constructive way forward.

You can help by standing up and making your voice heard. Let your Representative know that you oppose H.R. 669 as drafted and the financial and/or emotional effect it will have on you, or your friends, or your family members if it passes. The link below will allow you to send an email to your Representative in Congress and even give you the option to follow up with a phone call.

Here is the web site this came from www.nohr669.com

Fist off i think its wrong becizes i take good care of my fish . I dont let there water get drty . i dont do anything to hurt them . I love my fish very much. And if there going to give me the money i got in the tank and fish . there is no money i will take for my fish or any pet. outside of my mom and friends and pets is only other thing i have in life . So i am saying right now is that htere going have to come and take them way from me before i give them up if they do that there going to have one hell of a fight on there hands . I will prolly end up in jail there aint no one that will change my mine on htat ether i dont care if ut is law its wrong it sad what this world is comeing to .you no its sad when you got gov taking over are lives and telling us what we can and cant do i thought this was the land of free . well ill tell ya sounds like to me this land of the gov and what they want . And not the land of the free . None native pets wont be allowed what does there leave them hardly nothing that is just wrong and very way . I am telling you people right now we better stop this and we better get that black man out of office and before he put us under the water we cant get out .he is wanting to put all this money in heakth care and into the war in afganstan that is just going to make things better for a while but somone is going have to pay for all this money . i prmise you people it will be tax payer . that is just wrong too . but really getting back to this fish thing people we need to stand up and say NO so let them how u feel plz . and lets put a stop to this . so leave post on it plz.
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

Male Number of posts : 477
    Birthday : 1981-01-07
    Humor : really funny
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

hey people tread this right way Empty Re: hey people tread this right way

Post by cichlidlover27 Fri 17 Apr 2009, 15:55

thats true angel_2009 they wont get mine either!! ya its sad man what the world is coming to man it really is. I am glad I told you about this now tell everyone you know man about this that keeps pets bud
    Cam
    Cam
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Number of posts : 633
    Birthday : 1979-09-09
    Humor : Usually:),..
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Post by Cam Sat 18 Apr 2009, 00:14

I hear ya 100%,..but i honestly don't see them passing this bill,..
    There are some concerns with imported pets in the hobby and how
    they would affect the environment locally, but to pass a ban on
    selling/importing/breeding,..lot of folks livelyhood on the line
    here,..i just can't see government putting that many people out
    of business,..
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac Sun 19 Apr 2009, 20:50

I can't see this happening either!

This is terrible

If anyone can send me a linc too vote against this if there even is one please PM me with it and i will get a banner and place it on the forum! hey people tread this right way 63052
    angelfish_2009
    angelfish_2009

Male Number of posts : 18
    Birthday : 1983-12-15
    Humor : funny
    Registration date : 2009-04-11

Post by angelfish_2009 Mon 20 Apr 2009, 00:00

hey man i dont no were u can get one but i will try to found you one man . But it is just wrong man i am just hoping that it doesnt pass man . Necuzes if it does i am not giveing my fish up for them people they will have to come and take me to jail man i im not kidding . But anyways man ill tell ya that is what this old world is comeing to man . But plz everyon post on here that is not for it . maybe i can send email or something to them showing them we are not for it at all . i dont just idea man
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac Sun 03 May 2009, 01:53

Thanxs..i would much appreciate it angelfish_2009 hey people tread this right way 63052

Cheers!!! hey people tread this right way 315146

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 12:19