Aggressive Predators United

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

3 posters

Anyone ever kept a clown trigger??

Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Anyone ever kept a clown trigger?? Empty Anyone ever kept a clown trigger??

Post by Metal Maniac Sun 31 May 2009, 18:46

Hey APU,

Anyone ever kept a clown in any type of setup Question

I really like these guys and was thinking about grabbin one for a 65 gal species only setup that i started.

My LFS has a 7 incher that is just beautiful!!!

Anyone ever kept a clown trigger?? Clown-10
    pboost
    pboost
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Male Number of posts : 124
    Birthday : 1984-05-11
    Humor : yeah
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Anyone ever kept a clown trigger?? Empty Re: Anyone ever kept a clown trigger??

Post by pboost Wed 03 Jun 2009, 00:14

Well not sure if this counts but a friend of mine had a fish only about 6 months ago it started leaking i housed him untill he could move things around. He was maybe 6 inches i think he had him maybe about a year orderd him online saltwaterfish as 1 incher. time i had him he was sweet but was a damn bully and ate lots of my crabs glad he is back at his own home.

There cool as shit for a fish only tank get huge and have a great big bold personality and eat just about anything.
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post by Metal Maniac Mon 29 Jun 2009, 04:14

Damn..thanxs pboost...that is i wanted too know..for such a beauti is he going too trash everything

I will steer away from them!
    burgh
    burgh
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

Male Number of posts : 352
    Birthday : 1974-06-29
    Humor : ...
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Post by burgh Wed 01 Jul 2009, 22:52

To be honest Clown triggers are a awesome fish. Really not alot different than a big rhom, but they can be housed with other fish with a big enough tank. Triggers will crush rocks, bark, and use there top fin to lock themselves in a small cave while they sleep. Unlike most piranhas thou I would (NOT) trust them. When cleaning the tank use eggcrate to make a wall or you will pull your hand out with a chunk missing. All and all one bad @#$ fish next to the queen trigger. :) If I had the room I would setup a 220 just for a clown trigger, gold dogface puffer, and a eel. All aggressive to a point and beautiful.

Also watch getting small one, they tend to not eat and die.

I have books on all kinds of animals and saltwater tanks. If I find one with clown trig info I will post it for you..

Burgh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 12:21