Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates


 

Cichlid Forum



Herp Center Network



Monster Fishkeepers



Aqua Adverts










APU Ads






Google



BETTAWAN

 Dried Indian Almond Leaves


    just got a 55g from my friend

    Gspilo84
    Gspilo84
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 84
    Birthday : 1984-11-19
    Age : 34
    Location : New Jersey
    Humor : Very Funny
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Gspilo84 on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 22:26

    Hey guys, just got a new 55g from one of my friends, he only had it for like a year or so... trying to get some feedback on what to put in..its up in the air right now...
    Cam
    Cam
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 633
    Birthday : 1979-09-09
    Age : 39
    Location : Korn State
    Humor : Usually:),..
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Cam on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 22:47

    If i had an empty 55g right now i would stock it with an Amphilophus Lyonsi male,.
    had a male once and lost him to bloat,..was a little hellraiser!!

    just got a 55g from my friend Lyonsi10
    Jeff Rapps is the only distributor i know of stocking these and he
    will treat you right,..

    http://www.tangledupincichlids.com/stock.html
    ,..nice pick~up on the 55g Tom,..


    Last edited by Cam on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 22:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link,..)
    burgh
    burgh
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 352
    Birthday : 1974-06-29
    Age : 44
    Location : Pittsburgh, Pa
    Humor : ...
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by burgh on Mon 09 Nov 2009, 23:01

    Salt water :)


    _________________
    Never leave an enemy behind or it will rise again to fly at your throat.
    Memorable quotes from "Shaka Zulu"


    [img=https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img171/707/442213445a2c859m3.jpg]
    cichlidlover27
    cichlidlover27
    Forum Moderation Team
    Forum Moderation Team

    Male Number of posts : 477
    Birthday : 1981-01-07
    Age : 38
    Location : Athens, Ohio
    Humor : really funny
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by cichlidlover27 on Tue 10 Nov 2009, 04:40

    me personally I think I would do a nice male jack dempsey I love those fish.


    _________________
    just got a 55g from my friend 1893787aa5116b3m3
    just got a 55g from my friend 1893667bd2edba6m3
    just got a 55g from my friend 56261938604f36bm3u
    Gspilo84
    Gspilo84
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 84
    Birthday : 1984-11-19
    Age : 34
    Location : New Jersey
    Humor : Very Funny
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Gspilo84 on Wed 11 Nov 2009, 06:08

    all nice ideas!!!! I am going to be cleaning it out real good today and get it ready to be used...any ideas on what i should use to clean the inside of it? I am very much so contemplating salt water hehehehe...but not positive yet! Thanks for your help guys! just got a 55g from my friend 315146
    hris
    hris
    General Fish Moderator (International)
    General Fish Moderator (International)

    Male Number of posts : 119
    Humor : everywhere
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by hris on Wed 11 Nov 2009, 09:13

    would you like to have a single big fish there or multiple smaller ones?
    dempseys are cool.esp that electric blue variant.would love to have a couple of those.
    maybe a solo male jag?
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

    Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Age : 48
    Location : From the River Bed of the Rio Negro
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Metal Maniac on Wed 11 Nov 2009, 11:07

    Hey Tom,

    Make a pole of a few different ideas you have and let APU decide for ya..hehe

    Just a thought!

    As for me if i had an empty 55 gal i would grab a Kerrazy ass Wolf Fish and watch him swallow its own body size...pop some low lighting bulbs on that 55 and you will have a DEMON cruizin that tank all day searchin for grub!

    ..but thats just me..hehe just got a 55g from my friend 63052


    _________________
    just got a 55g from my friend Dnr_fish_banz

    http://www.opefe.com/


    just got a 55g from my friend 1893667bd2edba6m3

    just got a 55g from my friend New_un11
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

    Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Age : 48
    Location : From the River Bed of the Rio Negro
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Metal Maniac on Wed 11 Nov 2009, 11:08

    Cam wrote:If i had an empty 55g right now i would stock it with an Amphilophus Lyonsi male,.
    had a male once and lost him to bloat,..was a little hellraiser!!

    just got a 55g from my friend Lyonsi10
    Jeff Rapps is the only distributor i know of stocking these and he
    will treat you right,..

    http://www.tangledupincichlids.com/stock.html
    ,..nice pick~up on the 55g Tom,..

    Fuck@n Sh*t Cam..that is one VERY nice fish...the colours and face on that beast are outstanding!!!


    _________________
    just got a 55g from my friend Dnr_fish_banz

    http://www.opefe.com/


    just got a 55g from my friend 1893667bd2edba6m3

    just got a 55g from my friend New_un11
    burgh
    burgh
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 352
    Birthday : 1974-06-29
    Age : 44
    Location : Pittsburgh, Pa
    Humor : ...
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by burgh on Wed 11 Nov 2009, 19:29

    You could give it a good cleaning with vinegar and water. Salt is nice, but not sure if I would use a 55 thou. It looks like people now are going with shorter and wider or very big.


    _________________
    Never leave an enemy behind or it will rise again to fly at your throat.
    Memorable quotes from "Shaka Zulu"


    [img=https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img171/707/442213445a2c859m3.jpg]
    Cam
    Cam
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 633
    Birthday : 1979-09-09
    Age : 39
    Location : Korn State
    Humor : Usually:),..
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Cam on Wed 11 Nov 2009, 20:58

    Metal Maniac wrote:
    Cam wrote:If i had an empty 55g right now i would stock it with an Amphilophus Lyonsi male,.
    had a male once and lost him to bloat,..was a little hellraiser!!

    just got a 55g from my friend Lyonsi10
    Jeff Rapps is the only distributor i know of stocking these and he
    will treat you right,..

    http://www.tangledupincichlids.com/stock.html
    ,..nice pick~up on the 55g Tom,..

    Fuck@n Sh*t Cam..that is one VERY nice fish...the colours and face on that beast are outstanding!!!

    This is one of the few where the female actually looks better than the male,..
    just got a 55g from my friend Lyonsi12

    55g would be a good Exodon tank too Tom,..if you're looking for a school,..
    hris
    hris
    General Fish Moderator (International)
    General Fish Moderator (International)

    Male Number of posts : 119
    Humor : everywhere
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by hris on Thu 12 Nov 2009, 12:17

    in my case,i would have done a ' nocturnal tank' with a large black ghost knife. some bichirs and deff a nandus nandus or gangetic leaf fish.planted with lots of bogwood. with maybe a pair of dwarf snakeheads to have something to see during the day. sort of community tank,but then not really..
    Gspilo84
    Gspilo84
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 84
    Birthday : 1984-11-19
    Age : 34
    Location : New Jersey
    Humor : Very Funny
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Gspilo84 on Thu 19 Nov 2009, 01:26

    hris wrote:would you like to have a single big fish there or multiple smaller ones?
    dempseys are cool.esp that electric blue variant.would love to have a couple of those.
    maybe a solo male jag?

    I think Id like to have a couple small ones...
    Gspilo84
    Gspilo84
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 84
    Birthday : 1984-11-19
    Age : 34
    Location : New Jersey
    Humor : Very Funny
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Gspilo84 on Thu 19 Nov 2009, 01:32

    Metal Maniac wrote:Hey Tom,

    Make a pole of a few different ideas you have and let APU decide for ya..hehe

    Just a thought!

    As for me if i had an empty 55 gal i would grab a Kerrazy ass Wolf Fish and watch him swallow its own body size...pop some low lighting bulbs on that 55 and you will have a DEMON cruizin that tank all day searchin for grub!

    ..but thats just me..hehe just got a 55g from my friend 63052

    Very goood idea Michael, I will def do that, I will be thinking of some choices!

    Metal Maniac wrote:
    Cam wrote:If i had an empty 55g right now i would stock it with an Amphilophus Lyonsi male,.
    had a male once and lost him to bloat,..was a little hellraiser!!

    just got a 55g from my friend Lyonsi10
    Jeff Rapps is the only distributor i know of stocking these and he
    will treat you right,..

    http://www.tangledupincichlids.com/stock.html
    ,..nice pick~up on the 55g Tom,..

    Fuck@n Sh*t Cam..that is one VERY nice fish...the colours and face on that beast are outstanding!!!

    Second that!!!! That fish has me thinking now of a solo heheheh

    burgh wrote:You could give it a good cleaning with vinegar and water. Salt is nice, but not sure if I would use a 55 thou. It looks like people now are going with shorter and wider or very big.

    So I should use the vinegar and water? Is there a certain amount of vinegar I should use? I never really gave a good cleaning like that to a tank but I want to this time. Thanks for the help in advance.

    hris wrote:in my case,i would have done a ' nocturnal tank' with a large black ghost knife. some bichirs and deff a nandus nandus or gangetic leaf fish.planted with lots of bogwood. with maybe a pair of dwarf snakeheads to have something to see during the day. sort of community tank,but then not really..

    Holy crap that sounds amazing hehehehe!!!!! You guys have all gave me some great ideas! It is my birthday today so I have some birthday money that I will be spending hehehehe on my new tank set up hehehhehe!!!!!!!!!
    hris
    hris
    General Fish Moderator (International)
    General Fish Moderator (International)

    Male Number of posts : 119
    Humor : everywhere
    Registration date : 2009-03-21

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by hris on Thu 19 Nov 2009, 11:39

    wonder what Tom did with the money...??
    im sure he didnt spend it on his new tank setup ...
    bom
    burgh
    burgh
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 352
    Birthday : 1974-06-29
    Age : 44
    Location : Pittsburgh, Pa
    Humor : ...
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by burgh on Sun 22 Nov 2009, 20:30

    Not sure as to how much to use. If you have the space I would fill it up and put 1/2 a cup in the water. Than let it soak for an hour or so than use a aquarium safe scrubber to clean it up. I know the vinegar helps to clean equipement used for saltwater, it helps break everything down.


    _________________
    Never leave an enemy behind or it will rise again to fly at your throat.
    Memorable quotes from "Shaka Zulu"


    [img=https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img171/707/442213445a2c859m3.jpg]
    Gspilo84
    Gspilo84
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

    Male Number of posts : 84
    Birthday : 1984-11-19
    Age : 34
    Location : New Jersey
    Humor : Very Funny
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Gspilo84 on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 10:44

    hris wrote:wonder what Tom did with the money...??
    im sure he didnt spend it on his new tank setup ...
    bom
    hehehehe you bet!!

    burgh wrote:Not sure as to how much to use. If you have the space I would fill it up and put 1/2 a cup in the water. Than let it soak for an hour or so than use a aquarium safe scrubber to clean it up. I know the vinegar helps to clean equipement used for saltwater, it helps break everything down.

    thanks, I will do that!
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

    Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Age : 48
    Location : From the River Bed of the Rio Negro
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Metal Maniac on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 20:41

    How's thentank doin Tom...up and running???


    _________________
    just got a 55g from my friend Dnr_fish_banz

    http://www.opefe.com/


    just got a 55g from my friend 1893667bd2edba6m3

    just got a 55g from my friend New_un11

    Sponsored content

    just got a 55g from my friend Empty Re: just got a 55g from my friend

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu 20 Jun 2019, 15:17