Aggressive Predators United

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

5 posters

Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well..

nach
    nach

Male Number of posts : 8
    Birthday : 1988-03-16
    Humor : Dry, Cynical
    Registration date : 2011-08-05

Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well.. Empty Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well..

Post by nach Fri 05 Aug 2011, 17:31

Hello Aggressive Predator community!

Just wanted to make a quick introduction.
    I'm a long time bearded dragon owner and recent fish enthusiast (if you can call it that yet).
    I'm still learning so don't expect much information from me - probably just a lot of questions. Any and all help provided will be much appreciated.

Also, as I'm new, I'm quite unfamiliar with the forum. If someone could direct me to where users can post for sale/wanted ads (assuming there's a buy/sell/trade section) that would be great. What I did come across in my brief search seemed more for commercial advertisement.

Anyways I'm glad to be a member and look forward to learning a thing or two.

Cheers guys,

Nach
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac
    Administrator-Founder-Owner

Male Number of posts : 2242
    Birthday : 1970-11-17
    Humor : Raunchie!!!
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well.. Empty Re: Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well..

Post by Metal Maniac Fri 05 Aug 2011, 17:50

Welcome Nach,

Click on this link and scroll to the bottom....and your good to go!

http://www.aggressivepredatorsunited.com/f6-members-transactions-buy-and-sell-aggressive-predators-american-canadian-and-international

BTW- welcome to APU Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well.. 315146
    nach
    nach

Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well.. Empty Re: Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well..

Post by nach Fri 05 Aug 2011, 17:56

I guess people do read them :)

Thanks a lot Maniac, appreciate it.
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac

Post by Metal Maniac Fri 05 Aug 2011, 17:58

Anytime my friend!!! Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well.. 63052
    BRUNER247
    BRUNER247
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Male Number of posts : 47
    Birthday : 1912-01-12
    Humor : dry as a drought
    Registration date : 2011-07-21

Post by BRUNER247 Fri 05 Aug 2011, 19:48

Metal manic doesn't count. He's not a man he's a machine. Lol. Welcome. What kind of fish are you interested in?
    ibcd
    ibcd
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Male Number of posts : 31
    Humor : yep

Post by ibcd Fri 05 Aug 2011, 22:10

Welcome to apu
    nach
    nach

Post by nach Fri 05 Aug 2011, 22:57

Holy shit he's a robot!?!?! Amazing. I thought the metal was for music but I guess I was mistaken haha.
    Anyways thanks for the welcome..seems you guys are a friendly community.

I'm primarily interested in cichlids. The aesthetics of an aquarium have always captivated me so I'm a big fan of colourful, active fish. That being said I'm not a big fan of piranhas, and I particularly don't like flowerhorns, I think their massive noggin looks ridiculous. No offense meant to anyone who keeps them, I think they're cool but they're just not something I'd keep given the other options.

I recently started keeping some Species 44 cichlids. There will be more info in a post to come this weekend as I planned to take some photos before asking for advice.

I really enjoy setting up aquariums and enjoying the peaceful environment they create, the fish inside have never been too much a concern until I started learning a bit more about genetics. But like I said, the fish inside aren't always important, I love watching them all! I'd gladly keep fish-free tanks if I had more room.

Recently I picked up a 90 gallon tank that I'm still deciding what to do with it. I wanted to re-home one of my beardies in it, but not only is it too tall, but it's a waste of a great aquarium considering my lizards don't NEED a glass enclosure, and if I were to use glass, I could easily acquire a leaky or cracked aquarium. I will likely start a thread regarding uses for this tank.

I would absolutely LOVE to run a saltwater tank, tropical fish are absolutely beautiful and by far the most appealing to me. But the whole saltwater thing seems a bit advanced for where I am right now, not to mention it's considerably more expensive. We shall see.

I hope to get some good replies in some threads I plan to start, I'd love to hear some outside opinions.

Sorry for the long reply...I used to work customer support and from years of sending emails to clients I've developed a habit of being overly thorough. PS if anyone knows of a good customer support job in the Guelph area I'm currently unemployed (shameless I know).

Anyways, I'm still quite ignorant when it comes to keeping fish. I really look forward to learning from people who have experience and knowledge to share.

Cheers guys.

BRUNER247
    BRUNER247
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Post by BRUNER247 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 13:16

Metals a man I just messn around. Oh & don't knock piranha till you've had a couple. I've seen many a Cichlid owner switch to piranha. I have faith you'll come around some day. Lol
    BRUNER247
    BRUNER247
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Post by BRUNER247 Sat 06 Aug 2011, 13:19

Oh & cd that's the ultimate predator(your avatar). Love it
    ibcd
    ibcd
    Reg Member
    Reg Member

Male Number of posts : 31
    Humor : yep

Post by ibcd Sat 06 Aug 2011, 13:22

I started with piranha then went with cichlids I now have a few cichs & abunch of p's with 3empty tanks waiting 2find my next p's lmao
    Cam
    Cam
    Global Moderator
    Global Moderator

Male Number of posts : 633
    Birthday : 1979-09-09
    Humor : Usually:),..
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Post by Cam Thu 01 Sep 2011, 21:52

Welcome Do People Bother Reading These? Oh well.. 315146
    Metal Maniac
    Metal Maniac

Post by Metal Maniac Fri 06 Jan 2012, 02:37

Once you go Piranha you will never turn back!!!...lol
    Hope everyones Critters are doinn ok???
    I have a shitload of new Piranha and cichlids and ill get my 50 odd pics up this weekend guys
    Be safe everyone!
    Cheers!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 18:35