Aggressive Predators United

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aggressive Predators United

Aggressive Predators United Fish Forum - The Fastest Growing and Most Viewed Freshwater Online Community Dedicated to Rare, Exotic and Predatory Fish.

Ok APU,Time too send in your pics for the next POTM contest... Please email me at metal.maniac@live.com or please PM myself ...Depending on how many pics we get and the variety of species we will have several categories...Only 1 pic per member per species so you can send in 1 fish 1 cat 1 lizard just not 2 fish 2 cat...you get the idea!!...So send em in and lets make this a BIG ONE!!!... Cheers!!!...Metal Maniac and the APU Staff
APU is on Aquarium Directory- AquariumLinks.net!!!...check it out!!!
Please Vote For Us On AquaRank!!!

Affiliates

Cichlid Forum

Herp Center Network

Monster Fishkeepers

Aqua Adverts

APU Ads

Google

BETTAWAN

Dried Indian Almond Leaves

2 posters

Clown Triggers:

burgh
    burgh
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

Male Number of posts : 352
    Birthday : 1974-06-29
    Humor : ...
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Clown Triggers: Empty Clown Triggers:

Post by burgh Thu 02 Jul 2009, 17:38

Balistoides Conspicillum AKA Clown Trigger

Found: Tropical Indo-Pacific to Autralia

Adult size: 19(50cm) to 20inches (51cm)

Aquarium size: 135 gallon or bigger for adults

Growth Rate: Grows quickly if feed well.

About Clown triggers:
    Young specimens have large white spots over most of the body and head. The snout is yellow and the fins are pale colored. As the fish grows, a yellow saddle begins to show around the dorsal fin, and this becomes covered in small bluish-black spots. The yellow on the snout recedes to an area around the mouth and this bordered with a yellowish-white line.
    This species is one of the most striking of all the reef fishes when it is seen in its natural element. Dramatic, almost bizarre, coloration makes this species a prize among alot in the hobby. (Despite a number or drawbacks). The mortality rates of very small juveniles are often high. Large juveniles,adolescent, and adults, are typically very hardy. Some manifest a Jekyll and Hyde personality: amiable for many months, then suddenly turning Nasty.
    Nipping and even killing tankmates

Clown Trigger in home aquarium:
    It should be kept in a tank of its own or with other large fish where it can do no harm. It is very aggressive.Clown Triggers are NOT reef safe and have been known to attack its owners. Keep only one and house with large fish or fishes of equal belligerence.Large Lions,eels,groupers,puffers, and so on.

Foods:
    Mussels,cockle,lance fish,shrimp,squid,clams,and fish.
    Also frozen food with marine algae and vitamin-enriched should be part of its diet.

Happy Clown Trigger keeping!!

Info above is quoted from Vincent B. Hargreaves and Scott W. Micheal..
    Gspilo84
    Gspilo84
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

Male Number of posts : 84
    Birthday : 1984-11-19
    Humor : Very Funny
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

Clown Triggers: Empty Re: Clown Triggers:

Post by Gspilo84 Fri 03 Jul 2009, 06:28

nice info you found there burgh...I have always loved these fish, they are so cool looking and can be dam mean lol!!! I will eventually get a salt setup and beleive me this will surely be the first fish i get! Clown Triggers: 583863 Clown Triggers: 806809
    burgh
    burgh
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

Male Number of posts : 352
    Birthday : 1974-06-29
    Humor : ...
    Registration date : 2009-03-07

Post by burgh Mon 06 Jul 2009, 11:07

LoL, I hear yea. Man Metal has me thinking now, how can I get one more tank in the house without a war breaking out. :0 Also keeping all my piranha's... :)
    Gspilo84
    Gspilo84
    General Fish Moderator
    General Fish Moderator

Male Number of posts : 84
    Birthday : 1984-11-19
    Humor : Very Funny
    Registration date : 2009-04-26

Post by Gspilo84 Tue 07 Jul 2009, 00:29

burgh wrote:LoL, I hear yea. Man Metal has me thinking now, how can I get one more tank in the house without a war breaking out. :0 Also keeping all my piranha's... :)

HAHAHAH exactly my thoughts!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 07:11